How to create ext3 partition on SD card with ClockworkMod Recovery?
Posted by Jayce Ooi as How to
GParted Live is not the only way to partition SD card for A2SD+ NAND Android ROM. There is a built-in advanced function in ClockworkMod Recovery to help create ext3 partition on your SD card. And it is easier than GParted Live method but you need to get ClockworkMod Recovery installed first…
Step by Step Guide
- Backup your SD card data to PC before start partitioning.
- Power on your phone and don’t let go power button.
- DFT MAGLDR Bootloader will be loaded.
- Press call button to load 1. Boot AD SD.
- ClockworkMod Recovery will be loaded then.
- Use volume down button to go down to ‘advanced’.
- Then press call button.
- Select ‘Partition SD Card’.
- Select the ext size that you want (128M, 256M, 512M, 1024M, 2048M or 4096M).
- Select 0M as the Swap Size.
- Copy back your data to SD card.
- That’s all.
Note – only ext3 partition will be created. And 38.76MB used up for 512 MB ext3 partition.