Rooted your Galaxy S4? Then stay with me on this guide, else feel free to skip this. Without root access, you won’t corrupt or delete EFS. So you are safe.
EFS folder is a place that store all Samsung Galaxy S4 important data like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth MAC address and IMEI (nv_data.bin). Therefore, don’t play with system level folders especially EFS folder if you don’t know what they are. For you info, your Galaxy S4 can’t make voice call if IMEI number is missing. Therefore, it is better to make a backup of Galaxy S4 EFS. Why? Install unstable or poorly cooked Galaxy S4 ROM might cause EFS partition to be corrupted or missing too.
Backup Samsung Galaxy S4 EFS
How to backup Galaxy S4 EFS?
- First of all, install PhilZ Touch CWM for Galaxy S4.
- Boot into PhilZ Touch CWM then.
- Go to Backup and Restore.
- Select Custom Backup and Restore.
- Then click on Custom Backup Job.
- Uncheck everything.
- Then check Backup efs only.
- Select >> Start Custom Backup Job <<.
- Backup to either internal or external sdcard.
- That’s it.
Galaxy S4 EFS backup
PhilZ Touch CWM creates EFS backup at clockworkmod/custom_backup/.efs_backup folder. It is hidden by default. So enable show hidden files in ES File Explorer to see it. And do make a zip backup to your cloud storage or PC besides keeping a copy on external SD card. Restore Galaxy S4 EFS is about the same as ackup process. That’s it. Feel free to play around with your Galaxy S4 by install custom ROM and mod now.