How to enable 3G data connection on Android HTC HD2? This is the question that I asked myself when I got Android 2.2 Froyo installed on my HTC HD2. I failed to enable 3G data connection and I thought that was an issue with the Android build. However, I was wrong. 3G data connection is really working on Android HTC HD2. Thanks to Razi for letting me know the way to enable it.
Guide to enable 3G data connection on Android HTC HD2
- Click on ‘Windows hardware button’ at main screen.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Wireless & networks’
- Check ‘Mobile network ~ Use phone for data connection when WiFi is unavailable’.
- Select ”Mobile network ~ Set options for roaming, networks, APNs’.
- Select ‘Access Point Names’. Note – A blank APNs page will be shown.
- Click on ‘Windows hardware button’. It will bring up 2 options ~ ‘New APN’ and ‘Reset to default’.
- Select ‘New APN’.
- Key in ‘My APN’ by clicking on ‘Name’. Note – you can key in any name you want. I selected ‘My APN’.
- Key in ‘My APN’ by clicking on ‘APN’. Note – you can key in any APN you want. I selected ‘My APN’.
- Click on ‘Windows hardware button’.
- Then click on ‘Save’.
- Select on ‘My APN’.
- You are done.
Try to disable WiFi connection. Your phone should connect to Internet using 3G data connection now. Enjoy…