Samsung Galaxy S II is not responsive? Facing application frozen or hang up problems? Or want to send SGS2 back to warranty service? It’s time for you to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S2 then. By the way, hard reset is known as Factory data reset in Samsung Galaxy S2. Basically, your SGS2 will back to factory setting just like you turn on it for the first time…
Note – Make sure you backup all your application and data before hard reset your SGS2 (if you still can). Just use Samsung Kies to do the backup. How to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S2? There are 3 ways to do so…
Performing a factory data reset via settings
- Go to Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Click on Factory data reset.
- Check Format USB storage if needed only.
- Click on Reset phone.
- Finally, select Erase everything.
Performing a factory data reset using phone buttons
- Turn off SGS2.
- Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Release all buttons when you see SGS2 Logo.
- Android system recovery will be loaded then.
- Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Home button)
- Select Yes — delete all user data.
- Finally, select reboot system now.
Performing a factory data reset using dialpad
- Warning ~ no turning back after key in.
- Bring up dialpad.
- Key in *2767*3855#
- Finally, SGS2 will be rebooted and factory data reset.
That’s all. Enjoy your new fresh Samsung Galaxy S II…