ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery Mode allows you to install custom firmware via zip format in SD card. Besides, CWM also provides backup and restore functions in Nandroid. And other advanced functions too. ClockworkMod Recovery is a must install component because lot of the custom firmware are developed to be flashed via CWM. How to install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S II? Personally, I installed CWM through CF-Root. Besides getting CWM installed, I also have Samsung Galaxy S2 rooted. Isn’t that great?
Note – You need a CF-Root that matches your Samsung Galaxy S2 kernel version. Then use Odin3 to install it.
Step by Step Guide
- Go to Settings.
- Click on About phone.
- Find out your Samsung Galaxy S2 kernel version.
- Download the correct CF-Root here.
- Then power off your phone.
- Press and hold down Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Press Volume Up button when warning prompt.
- Odin download mode will be loaded.
- Connect USB cable to your phone.
- At PC, extract CF-Root .tar file that you downloaded to CF-Root folder.
- Then bring up Odin3.
- Click on PDA.
- Select the .tar at CF-Root folder.
- Click Start then.
- Remove USB cable from your phone when you see green PASS! at Odin3.
- After Android loaded, you should see CWM Manager and Superuser installed.
- That’s all and enjoys ClockworkMod Recovery.
Check out this post to learn more about Samsung Galaxy S2 ClockworkMod Recovery Mode.