How to install firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note II with Odin software? Yes, don’t limit yourself with OTA software update and Samsung Kies firmware upgrade. Try out other region official, custom or even leaked firmware (in tar or .tar.md5 format). Waiting is no longer the only option. How to install firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Odin? Please refer to below step by step firmware installation video guide to find out…
Note – You should not face any issue when upgrading to newer official firmware. And your applications and data will be intact (leaked firmware might delete them all). However, you will need to factory reset when you downgrade firmware to older version (if face boot loop issue). Therefore, make sure do a backup before install new firmware.
Step by Step Guide
- Power off Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- Press and hold down Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Press Volume Up button when warning prompt.
- Odin download mode will be loaded.
- Connect USB cable to your Galaxy Note 2.
- At PC, extract firmware .tar (or .tar.md5) file that you downloaded to Firmware folder.
- Then bring up Odin3.
- Click on PDA.
- Select the .tar (or .tar.md5) at Firmware folder.
- Click Start then.
- Remove USB cable from SGN2 when you see green PASS! at Odin3.
- That’s all.