How to install Galaxy S4 firmware with Odin? I can’t install latest I9500 XXUBMEA firmware udpate using Samsung Kies and OTA method due to custom kernel. Samsung won’t let you upgrade firmware using official way if you already done the unofficial way previously. Anyway, it is fairly simple to use Odin to install Galaxy S4 firmware. In short, just download firmware first. Then install it. That’s all. Still don’t understand? No worry, just read on to find out…
Note – upgrade firmware should not bring any issue. All applications, data and settings will be there. But this is not the same for firmware downgrading, you need to factory reset. Else bootloop issue might be occurred.
How to install Galaxy S4 firmware with Odin?
- Make sure that your SGS4 is either I9500 or I9505 model.
- Boot into Odin Download Mode.
- Connect USB cable to your smartphone.
- At PC, extract firmware .tar (or .tar.md5) file that you downloaded to Odin3 folder.
- Then bring up Odin3.
- Click on PDA.
- Select the .tar (or .tar.md5).
- Click Start then.
- Remove USB cable from SGS4 after Android OS loaded
- That’s it.