For me, TWRP 2.0 Recovery is a must installed tool on Amazon Kindle Fire. You can install custom mod like theme, boot animation, applications and even ROM with TWRP 2.0. It is very simple to install them because all you need to do is copy the update zip file to Kindle Fire sdcard (internal storage). Then install it at TWRP 2.0. No PC or Mac is required. However, not every custom build zip is friendly to your Kindle Fire. Be sure to make a full Kindle Fire system backup with TWRP 2.0 before apply any update zip. Just restore to previous backup package if anything go wrong. A beginner and new to TWRP 2.0 Recovery? Do check out below step by step video tutorial guide to learn more…
Step by Step Guide
- Connect USB cable to Kindle Fire.
- Mount it as USB Mass Storage mode.
- At PC, copy your update zip file (Google-Apps-Update.zip in my case) to Kindle Fire SDcard (root level).
- Turn off USB Mass Storage mode.
- Unplug USB cable.
- Power off Kindle Fire.
- Power on it.
- Press power button until light turn orange.
- TWRP 2.0 Recovery will be loaded then.
- Select Install.
- Then select your update zip file (Google-Apps-Update.zip in my case).
- Select Flash after that.
- After installed, select Reboot System.
- That’s all.
Enjoy your new installed custom mod / applications…