Err… Directory Bind is not working on Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. How can I move Galaxy S4 applications and games data to external SD card? No worry, FolderMount comes to rescue. In short, FolderMount is Directory Bind replacement. However, it does have its own limitations. Yes, the free version of FolderMount lets you move 3 folders only. 3 folders are enough for me since I will move 1 Android folder only. The sub folder – data and obb will be moved along, right? Sorry, you can’t move these folders but only individual folder within them. Luckily, paid premium version gives you move unlimited folder and can use Android, Android/obb or Android/data as source directories. Note – root access is needed. Not yet root Galaxy S4? Please refer to this guide – How to root Galaxy S4 GT-I9500? (Video)
FolderMount on Samsung Galaxy S4
How to move Galaxy S4 applications and games data to external SD card?
- Bring up FolderMount.
- Click + to add a folder pair.
- Select a source directory that you want to move files from.
- Select a destination directory that you want to move files to.
- FolderMount will offer to move the files to the destination. Click yes.
- After the moving process is done, click on the pin. If the pin is green, you’re all set.
- That’s it.
FolderMount folder pair
So which folder do you plan to move? And do remember that external SD card reading and writing speed are slower than internal NAND storage. Check out this post to find out more – Galaxy S4 storage speed ~ internal NAND vs external SD card.
Download FolderMount here.