How to restore stock ROM on HTC HD2? How to remove everything that I installed for Android or Windows Phone 7? I need to send HTC HD2 to HTC Support for warranty service because unlocking bootloader may void all or parts of your warranty. No worry, you can restore HTC HD2 to stock ROM and everything back to stock even after installed Android or Windows Phone 7. Just follow below step by step video guide.
- Stock ROM
Note – make sure that you have downloaded a HTC HD2 official Windows Mobile ROM from HTC Website for your country. Don’t use other region ROM other than your very own region. As for T-Mobile HD2, do download yours from T-Mobile website. And use free unzip software – 7-Zip to extract the exe file.
Step by Step Guide
- At PC, right click and open official HTC HD2 ROM with 7-Zip.
- Copy ‘RUU_signed.nbh’ to desktop.
- Rename it to ‘leoimg.nbh’.
- Copy leoimg.nbh to SD card (root level).
- Double confirm leoimg.nbh file is located at root level of SD card.
- Power off phone.
- Press volume down button (don’t let go) and power on your phone.
- It will load into ‘Red, Green, Blue and White’ screen bootloader.
- Let go volume down button when you see ‘loading…’.
- Then ROM upgrade screen will be loaded.
- Press power button to start update the ROM.
- ROM update process will take around 15 minutes.
- Take off the battery after update success, then put it back on.
- Power on your phone.
- First time booting preparation process will take around 4 minutes.
- Then follow phone onscreen instructions to setup.
- That’s all.
As you can see from the video, I managed to remove Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread from my HTC HD2. Then install back stock Windows Mobile 6.5. And the HSPL was reverted to stock SPL too. No worry about warranty issue when send your HTC HD2 to service now.