Err… Can’t wait for CF-Auto-Root anymore. Luckily, that’s not the only way to root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. Yes, you can use other method to root Galaxy S4 I9500 like installing custom kernel. Most of the custom kernel will provide auto root function too. And Adam Kernel is one of the custom kernels that can do the trick. Really can’t survive without root access in Android world. Lot of tasks cannot be done without root access. Therefore, it’s time to root Galaxy S4 now.
- Custom Kernel with auto root feature
Note – Custom kernel that developed for I9500 can be only used on I9500 model. Don’t ever try it on I9505 model.
Step by Step Guide
- Bring up Settings.
- Go to More tab.
- Click on About device.
- Find out your Galaxy S4 Model number. Make sure that it’s GT-I9500.
- Then power off your phone.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Press Volume Up button when warning prompt.
- Odin download mode will be loaded.
- Connect USB cable to your Galaxy S4.
- At PC, bring up Odin3.
- Click on PDA.
- Select the custom kernel .tar file.
- Click Start then.
- Remove USB cable from Galaxy S4 when you see green RESET! then Removed!! at Odin3.
- After Android OS loaded, you should see SuperSU application installed.
- And custom kernel should be installed.
- That’s it.
Enjoy root access on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
By the way, do you want CWM? Check this out – How to install CWM on Galaxy S4 GT-I9500? (Video)