Google Nexus 4 is running smoothly on stock settings. However, it can be better by using custom kernel. Motley kernel for Nexus 4 is one of the custom kernels out there that you can try. Here are a few highlights of Motley kernel ~ CPU overclocking, voltage control, screen colour and gamma control. Of course, there are more useful features. Just take your time to explore them one by one.
_motley kernel for LG Nexus 4
motley kernel Features
- Highly customizable with scripts
- Google 3.4 base. All stock features are of course supported (camera, NFC etc.)
- Compiler optimizations (-O2 + others) – using 2012.12 Linaro toolchain
- Full ramdisk install with init.d support for stock/AOSP
- CPU Overclock steps 1.56, 1.62, and 1.67GHz
- 304MHz lowest CPU freq step added with lower voltage than stock, since the device spends a lot of time at this frequency
- Safe UV by default for nominal, fast, and faster binned chips
- Voltage control
- In-kernel auto_hotplug
- Customized in-kernel thermal solution smart scaling, dynamic polling, and configurable throttle temp.
- Custom PowerHAL module (spam-free Android log from PowerHAL events)
- Controllable touchboost frequency and duration
- Gamma control
- Fsync control
- USB Force Fast Charge
- I/O schedulers – SIO (optimized), deadline (optimized), row, cfq, noop, and fiops
- TCP Congestion Control (several choices available)
- Governors – Interactive (default), OnDemand, PowerSave, Conservative
- CIFS, NFS, NTFS r/w, TUN – built-in, no need for any kernel modules
- Other misc patches and tweaks
- GPL compliant
Installation guide ~ How to install custom kernel on Nexus 4?
Download motley kernel for Nexus 4 here.