I brought Corsair Twin2X4096-6400C4DHX 4GB DDR2 memory modules even my friend, Bernie told me that heat sinks on memory do nothing except for showing off. But I still can’t hold myself to get Corsair Twin2X4096-6400C4DHX 4GB DDR2 memory modules. I really want to test it. Does the heat sink will help to improve performance or not?
Sporting Corsair’s signature fin memory heat sink and patented heat-removing printed circuit board design, the new XMS2 DHX products feature mainstream performance while promoting increased stability. DHX technology allows this memory to have superior thermal characteristics to enable it to run cooler than a module with stamped or mesh heat spreaders. The result is enabled superior reliability, stability and performance capability. It has been tested extensively in multiple DDR2 motherboards to ensure compatibility and performance at its rated speed.
The Twin2X4096-6400C4DHX is a 4096MByte matched pair of DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs built using Corsair’s high performance heat sink with Dual-Path Heat Xchange (DHX) technology. This part delivers outstanding performance in the latest generation of dual-channel DDR2-based motherboards. It has been tested extensively in multiple DDR2 motherboards to ensure compatibility and performance at its rated speed. This memory has been verified to operate at 800MHz at the low latencies of 4-4-4-12.
Dual-path Heat Xchange Diagram
- Optimized fins to maximize ambient airflow through the module array
- Extruded aluminum heat sinks to maximize convective heat dissipation
- Dedicated PCB heat sink
- Each module set is tested together at 800MHz
- Tested and packaged together
- Packaged together immediately following system test
- Tested at latency settings (4-4-4-12) at 2.1V
- SPD programmed at:
- JEDEC standard 5-5-5-18 values at 800MHz
- EPP: 800MHz, 4-4-4-12-2T, 2.1V
- 4096 Megabytes of DDR2 memory
- Two matched CM2X2048-6400C4DHX modules
- Unique DHX technology providing maximum cooling
- 100% tested at 800MHz in high performance DDR2 motherboards
- Lifetime warranty