Android 2.3 Gingerbread on HTC HD2 is not perfect yet. There are bugs flying around. But rest assures that they will be fixed by those great developers. So these bugs don’t stop you to try it, right? The installation is the same as Android 2.2 Froyo. For Froyo experts, you can skip this post now. New comers, please stay with me…
- SPL 3.03
- Radio 2.15
- Official HTC HD2 ROM v3.14
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM
First of all, upgrade to latest official HTC HD2 ROM Version 3.14 if you are using old HTC HD2 Windows Mobile ROM like v1.48, v1.66 or v1.72. Follow the video guide ~ How to upgrade Windows Mobile ROM on HTC HD2? if you don’t know to do so. Official HTC HD2 ROM version 3.14 will install SPL 3.03 and Radio 2.15 on your phone. And this makes Android working on HTC HD2.
Step by Step Guide
- Power off your phone.
- Press volume down button (don’t let go) and power on your phone.
- It will load into bootloader.
- You should get ‘Red, Green, Blue and White’ screen with SPL-3.03.
- Take off the battery.
- Power on your phone.
- You should see R 126.96.36.199 and D 3.14.xx at bottom of the screen with green HTC Logo.
- Connect USB cable from PC to phone after Windows Mobile loaded.
- Select ‘Disk Drive’ and click ‘Done’.
- Open removable disk (SD card storage) at PC.
- Open MDJ_GingerBread_HD2_v.1.0_RC5_RAM_STOCK.7z with 7-Zip.
- Copy ‘Android’ folder to desktop.
- Then copy it to SD card.
- Disconnect USB cable from phone.
- Open ‘File Explorer’.
- Go to ‘Storage Card’.
- Select ‘Android’ folder.
- Click on ‘CLRCAD’ first. (note – nothing show up is normal)
- Then click on ‘HARET’. (just click ‘Yes’ if unknown publisher warning prompt up)
- First time Android loading will take around 1 – 2 minutes.
- Follow phone onscreen instructions to setup.
- That’s all.
Download MDJ Android 2.3.1 Gingerbread v0.5 RAM [kernel: MDJ S8.0] ROM here.
Enjoy Android 2.3 Gingerbread on HTC HD2…