How to install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on Samsung Galaxy S III? The easiest way to install CWM on Samsung Galaxy S3 is to install CF-Root. CF-Root has ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) built in. And grant you root access to Samsung Galaxy S3 too. What is ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM)? Check out this post ~ Samsung Galaxy S3 ClockworkMod Recovery Mode to find out. If you already installed CF-Root for Samsung Galaxy S3, there is no need to follow this guide anymore. Else please stay on…
Note – CF-Root supports Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 model only (at the time of writing this guide). Don’t install CF-Root on other Samsung Galaxy S3 models.
Step by Step Guide
- Go to Settings.
- Click on About device.
- Find out your SGS3 Model number. Make sure that it’s GT-I9300.
- Then power off your phone.
- Press and hold down Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Press Volume Up button when warning prompt.
- Odin download mode will be loaded.
- Connect USB cable to your phone.
- At PC, extract CF-Root .tar file that you downloaded to CF-Root folder.
- Then bring up Odin3.
- Click on PDA.
- Select the .tar at CF-Root folder.
- Click Start then.
- Remove USB cable from your phone when you see green PASS! at Odin3.
- After Android loaded, you should see CWM Manager and SuperSU installed.
- That’s all and enjoys ClockworkMod Recovery.