How to install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on Samsung Galaxy S III? The easiest way to install CWM on Samsung Galaxy S3 is to install CF-Root. CF-Root has ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) built in. And grant you root access to Samsung Galaxy S3 too. What is ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM)? Check out this post ~ Samsung Galaxy S3 ClockworkMod Recovery Mode to find out. If you already installed CF-Root for Samsung Galaxy S3, there is no need to follow this guide anymore. Else please stay on…
Note – CF-Root supports Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 model only (at the time of writing this guide). Don’t install CF-Root on other Samsung Galaxy S3 models.
Step by Step Guide
- Go to Settings.
- Click on About device.
- Find out your SGS3 Model number. Make sure that it’s GT-I9300.
- Then power off your phone.
- Press and hold down Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Press Volume Up button when warning prompt.
- Odin download mode will be loaded.
- Connect USB cable to your phone.
- At PC, extract CF-Root .tar file that you downloaded to CF-Root folder.
- Then bring up Odin3.
- Click on PDA.
- Select the .tar at CF-Root folder.
- Click Start then.
- Remove USB cable from your phone when you see green PASS! at Odin3.
- After Android loaded, you should see CWM Manager and SuperSU installed.
- That’s all and enjoys ClockworkMod Recovery.
Download Odin3 v3.04 here.
Download CF-Root for Samsung Galaxy S3 here.
Just exactly done as CF-Rooting : )
Hi pleas help me,
I don’t know what to install on the pc or on the mobile I don’t get it..
I can’t open odin 3 on the pc..
PLease help me my English is not he best I’m from holland..
I have a model number: GT-19300
Hi K-ja, please take your time to study all SGS3 guides here then.
I already install my SGS3 with jellybean. How i can install my ICS firmware again ?
Install ICS with Odin.
If i install clockworkmod recovery in mu s3, any effect to my s3 to recieve any news @ update from / via samsung kies?
No problem with Samsung Kies. But can’t upgrade firmware through OTA.
i want install android on samsung wave2 please help me
Sorry mohsen, Android is not available for Samsung Wave 2 yet.
FYI, I downloaded CF-Root 6.4, and looks like the CWM recovery has been replaced with the stock android recovery. not sure why.
Hi ligu, what had you done? Installed CF-Root 6.4 and no CWM?
According the XDA thread, the author somehow decided to switch back to stock android recovery in his Auto version (the non-auto still have CWM recovery). But I am getting a bit confused, since I have 6.4, which should have CMW included. Oh well….
I installed the CWM recovery separately afterward.