Finally, Xiaomi Redmi 1S users can enjoy MIUI 6 too after few months of waiting. Yes, the official global stable build V22.214.171.124 ROM is here for Redmi 1S. Users should start to get update over-the-air (OTA) in the next few days on your phones via the Updater app. If can’t wait for OTA update, you can always install it manually with recovery. So say goodbye to MIUI 5 now and enjoy MIUI 6 and newer Android 4.4 system. Yes, you can use Mi Band on Redmi 1S from now on too.
Okay, here is the catch. You might need to do a full wipe / factory reset after MIUI 6 ROM installation else might face “unfortunately.processcom.android.phone has stopped” error. Hmm… This is the warning from MIUI Forum. Not sure there is problem with OTA update or not. We need to monitor to find out…
How to install MIUI 6 ROM on Redmi 1S?
- Download MIUI 6 ROM here.
- Rename the downloaded ROM file to ‘update.zip’ on the computer.
- Copy it to the root directory of the internal storage of Redmi 1S.
- Boot into recovery mode by turn off your device and then hold both Volume+ button and Power button at the same time.
- Choose the language you use
- Then Select ‘Install update.zip to System’ and confirm.
- That’s it.
MIUI 6 will be installed and your Redmi 1S will reboot into the new version. Enjoy MIUI 6…