For me, ClockworkMod Recovery is a must install tool on Samsung Galaxy S II. You can install custom mod like theme, boot animation, application and even firmware with CWM. It is very simple to install them because all you need to do is copy the update zip file to sdcard. Then install it at CWM. No PC or Mac is needed. However, not every custom build zip is friendly to your Samsung Galaxy S2. Be sure to make a full system backup with CWM before apply any update zip. Just restore to previous stage if anything go wrong. A beginner and new to ClockworkMod Recovery? Do check out below step by step video guide to learn more…
Step by Step Guide
- First of all, copy the zip file that you want to install into sdcard.
- Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Release all buttons when you see SGS2 Logo.
- ClockworkMod Recovery will be loaded then.
- Go to install zip from sdcard.
- Then select choose zip from sdcard.
- Select your zip file (BIOS-Boot-SGS2.zip in my video).
- Select Yes – Install your zip file.
- Reboot your SGS2.
- That’s all.
Enjoy your new installed custom mod / firmware.