Want to have the latest and greatest Windows Phone 7.5 Mango on your HTC HD2? Keep on reading and I will show you the easiest way to install WP7 Mango 7720 on HTC HD2. Thanks to all the developers that make it happens. All HTC HD2 users can enjoy Windows Phone 7 Mango RTM now. Here is the step by step video tutorial for you. The whole process is not hard but will take quite some time to upgrade to WP7 Mango…
- Windows Phone 7 build 7004 XBmod-Yuki ROM v2
- Zune Software (link)
- WP7 Update Cab Sender
Do make sure that you have the exact Windows Phone 7 version ~ XBmod-Yuki ROM v2 (build 7004). Follow below guide to install if you don’t have it yet. WP7 Update Cab Sender is a batch program to install cab to your WP7 HTC HD2.
Step by Step Guide
- Make sure that you have the exact Windows Phone 7 version ~ XBmod-Yuki ROM v2 (build 7004).
- Connect USB cable from PC to phone.
- At PC, enter WP7-Update-Cab-Sender folder.
- Go to ‘if needed install this tool’ folder.
- Install Setup-UpdateWP (x64 for 64 bits Windows and x86 for 32 bits Windows).
- Copy DeviceProvisioning.cab to WP7-Update-Cab-Sender folder.
- Run WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat.
- Then type S – (S)end Cabs to device.
- After finished installation, close WP7 Update Cab Sender.
- Delete DeviceProvisioning.cab then.
- Open WP7-7004-7720-Patch.zip.
- Copy all the cab files to WP7-Update-Cab-Sender folder.
- Run WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat again.
- As usual, type S – (S)end Cabs to device.
- This will upgrade WP7 from 7004 to 7720. Note – it took 2 hours in my case.
- When installation finished, disconnect USB cable from phone.
- Go to Settings.
- Then about. You should see 7720 build here.
- Select reset your phone.
- Then yes and yes…
- Phone will be rebooted then.
- Follow onscreen instructions to setup Windows Phone 7.5 settings.
- That’s all.
Download WP7 Update Cab Sender here.
Download DeviceProvisioning.cab here.
Download WP7-7004-7720-Patch.zip here.
Note – For Windows XP users, download this patch and overwrite WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat.
Windows Phone 7.5 Mango 7720 should be the first Windows Phone operation system for Microsoft phones. The first version WP7 7004 is not mature and still lacking lot of stuffs like Chinese Language input. But Windows Phone 7.5 Mango has it now. Enjoy and let me know if you like the latest WP7…