Root access is a must have for Android devices. That’s what I always say. Xiaomi Android device has root access natively actually. However, it is disabled on stable ROM (enabled on beta ROM). Same apply to Xiaomi Redmi 1S. Just load the Security application, then go to Permission. You will find out that Root permission tab is grey out. Luckily, we can re-enable the root access back on stable ROM. And it is very easy to do so.
How to root Xiaomi Redmi 1S?
- First all, download update file here.
- Put it on your Redmi 1S internal storage root level.
- Go to Tools.
- Launch Updater.
- Press Menu hardware button.
- Then click on Select update package.
- Look for RootNative_Redmi1S.zip and select it.
- Press Update.
- Confirm by click on Start update.
- Enable root access on Security application – Permission like screenshot above after phone restarted
- That’s it.
If everything went well, you should get root access on your Redmi 1S. And should have all the stuffs like screenshots above. Enjoy all the applications that require root access.