Stuck with USB 2.0? No worry, get yourself a USB3.1 PCI-E Adapter like ORICO PA31-AC will do. Yes, it has 2 SuperSpeed+ USB 3.1 ports with transfer rate up to 10 Gbps, much greater than 5 Gbps USB3.0 and 480 Mbps USB2.0. Comes with reversible Type-C port and normal type A port that suitable for all devices. Interested? Read on to find out…
This review is possible thanks to below companies. Be sure to check them out…
- ORICO for this ORICO 2-Port USB3.1 PCI-E Adapter (PA31-AC)
- GearBest for this ORICO 2569S3 HDD Enclosure
- Kingston for 480GB Kingston SSDNow UV400 SSD
- Transcend for Transcend StoreJet 25MC portable storage
- USB3.1 high performance for host computer SuperSpeed+ transmission
- Expand two interfaces – Meet more requirements
- Type-C prior to the era – Reversible design
- New upgraded main controller – Speed it up
- All solid-state capacitor, superior material – Stable operation, low consumption
- Hot-swapping supported, instant start
- 15PIN powerful port
Package Content & Design
ORICO PA31-AC USB3.1 PCI-E Adapter comes in well protected with anti-static bag. There are 2 additional screws, user manual and welcome/support card (in both Chinese and English languages) in the package as well. Hmm… No CD driver there.
ORICO PA31-AC is a solid PCI Express X4 card. Build quality is top notch and stylish in look too with all black colour. Yes, it does have the premium quality there with alloy panel. Surely will match your motherboard and casing.
ORICO PA31-AC adopts all solid-state capacitor, environment-friendly and low-impedance, is equipped with high-quality electronic components and metallic baffle. 4-layer PCB improves jam-proof ability of product and stability of data transfer.
- Output Port: USB3.1 Type-A x 1, USB3.1 Type-C x 1
- Input Port: PCI-E
- Dimension: 125 x 85 x 18.5mm
- Data Transfer Rate: 10 Gbps (Theoretical)
- Supported System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Mac OS and Linux
Hot-swapping is supported. Yes, no need to shutdown PC system in order to install it. And it is plug and play supported as well. Microsoft Windows 10 automatically installed ASMedia USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for me. No manual work is needed and I can start using it straight away. For your information, it is using ASMedia ASM1142 chipset and supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Mac OS and Linux. Furthermore, it has SATA 15PIN power port to provide strong and stable power to all connected devices after plugging the power cord of PSU.
Yes, ASMedia ASM1142 performs better than my motherboard Intel X99 chipset USB 3.0 controller. I am surprised that it still manage to push 480GB Kingston SSDNow UV400 SSD with ORICO 2569S3 HDD Enclosure performance. It gets higher 439 MB/s read (417 MB/s previously) and 419 MB/s write (412 MB/s previously) in CrystalDiskMark sequential Q32T1 test. Much better reading speed in 4K Q32T1 test as well. Well done, ORICO…
- Ultra fast SuperSpeed+ USB 3.1 performance
- Type-C and type A ports
- Hot-swapping Plug and play support
- 15Pin power supply
- Excellent build quality
- Stylish design
- None from me
Looking for USB 3.1 expansion card? Give ORICO PA31-AC a try and you will like it as I do. Enjoy ultra fast SuperSpeed+ USB 3.1 performance out of it. Comes with Type-C and type A ports for all your devices’ need. Interested? Get more information at ORICO Website. And buy yours at Amazon.