Yes, there is a way to root MINIX NEO U9-H now. Thanks to MINIX Forum member, tomeeli for coming this wonderful guide to root MINIX NEO U9-H. Most of my smartphone will have root access for the most useful stuff – AdAway. And other more. But I don’t care much about root access on Android TV box when use it mostly for movie and games sometime. How about you?
How to root MINIX NEO U9-H?
- Download TWRP (link) and SuperSU (link).
- Copy them to micro SD card (root level without any folder).
- Power off your U9-H, insert the micro SD card.
- Press and hold the recovery button inside the small hole on the bottom of the U9-H.
- Power on it while holding the recovery button. Hold the Recovery button until the TWRP logo shows.
- Allow write access in TWRP (it automatically pops up).
- Using a mouse (or A3 remote) to select “Install”.
- You may have to change storage to external_sd using the “Select Storage” button.
- Select SuperSU-v2.78_20160905010000_mod.zip and install.
- After installed, just reboot your U9-H.
- That’s it.
Note – Warranty is void if product has been modified, altered, rooted or repaired without prior authorization by MINIX.