Xiaomi has done it again. Yes, Xiaomi
iPhone 5s Mi 4 is coming. In short, it is like enhanced iPhone 5s with Android loaded. No plastic but with stainless steel frame (Samsung, see that?). The advantages compare to Galaxy S5? It has 3GB of RAM, 8MP front camera and 64GB model. The most important part ~ a lot cheaper. Priced at RMB 1999 (Approx. RM1099) for 16GB and RMB 2499 (Approx. RM1299) for 64GB. The downsides… Just like iPhone = non-removable battery and no external SD card support. And 64GB model might not even come to Malaysia (just like Mi 3). 16GB is not enough nowadays.
Mi 4 Specifications
- Stainless steel frame, unbelievable craftsmanship & polish
- Snapdragon 801 chipset, 3GB RAM, 16/64GB Flash Memory
- 5-inch 1080p IPS display, very high colour gamut (84% of NTSC range)
- 13MP rear camera, ƒ/1.8 aperture, real-time HDR, 4K video recording (Sony IMX214)
- 8MP front camera, 80-degree wide angle (Sony IMX219)
- 3080 mAh battery
- UMTS & TDD-LTE support (International FDD-LTE availability TBA)
Mi Band ~ fitness monitor and sleep tracker was launched too. As usual, it is highly affordable priced at RMB 79 (Approx. RM 49).
Mi Band Specifications
- Fitness monitor & sleep tracker
- Sleep-cycle smart alarm
- Unlock your Mi phone without a password
- 30-day standby power
- Water resistant (IP67)
- Stylish band options (incl. wrap-around and leather)
I will surely grab both of them (64GB model please) if they can arrive at Malaysia before Galaxy Note 4. But I highly doubt Xiaomi is able to do so. What do you think?