Adam Kernel does not work on latest Galaxy S4 XXUBMEA firmware yet. So I need to find another rooting method for it. Yes, Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root comes to rescue. One of the best parts of CF-Auto-Root – able to root most Galaxy S4 firmware out there. Unless Samsung changes the firmware structure, else CF-Auto-Root should be able to root it. Okay, let’s get started. Once your Android devices get rooted , you can’t go back anymore. Lot of useful applications require root access…
How to root Galaxy S4 with CF-Auto-Root?
- Make sure that your SGS4 is either I9500 or I9505 model.
- Boot into Odin Download Mode.
- Connect USB cable to your smartphone.
- At PC, extract CF-Auto-Root .tar.md5 file that you downloaded to Odin3 folder.
- Then bring up Odin3.
- Click on PDA.
- Select the .tar.md5 file.
- Click Start then.
- Remove USB cable from SGS4 after Android OS loaded.
- That’s it.
SuperSU binary and application will be installed then. I can’t find SuperSU app as seem in the video. Suspected it was caused by custom Adam Kernel. If you faced the same issue, just install SuperSU app from Play Store will do. Enjoy root access…