How to root Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 or GT-I9300T? Is that the question in your mind when you got Samsung Galaxy S3. For me, root access is a must have for Android devices. You can do lot of interesting stuffs like backup applications and data with Titanium Backup, remove advertisements, improve user experience with custom modification… Thanks to CF-Root. Root Samsung Galaxy S3 is not a mission impossible task. Just watch the step by step video guide to learn how to root Samsung Galaxy S3.
Note – CF-Root supports Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 and GT-I9300T model only (at the time of writing this guide). Don’t install CF-Root on other Samsung Galaxy S3 models.
Step by Step Guide
- Go to Settings.
- Click on About device.
- Find out your SGS3 Model number. Make sure that it’s GT-I9300 or GT-I9300T.
- Then power off your phone.
- Press and hold down Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Press Volume Up button when warning prompt.
- Odin download mode will be loaded.
- Connect USB cable to your phone.
- At PC, extract CF-Root .tar file that you downloaded to CF-Root folder.
- Then bring up Odin3.
- Click on PDA.
- Select the .tar at CF-Root folder.
- Click Start then.
- Remove USB cable from your phone when you see green PASS! at Odin3.
- After Android loaded, you should see CWM Manager and SuperSU installed.
- That’s all and enjoys root access.
CF-Root is not working for you? Try out CF-Auto-Root for Samsung Galaxy S3 then.