Yeah… I found the best free video converter for me finally. I downloaded and tried several free video converters. All of them have its own pros and cons. Finally, one that survives and matches my requirements ~ MediaCoder.
[pull_quote_center]MediaCoder is a free universal media transcoder since 2005. It integrates most popular audio/video codecs and tools in an elegant and transparent manner into an all-in-one transcoding solution. With a flexible and extendable architecture, latest codecs and tools are updated added in constantly. MediaCoder intends to be the swiss army knife for media transcoding in all time.[/pull_quote_center]
- Converting between most popular audio and video formats
- Decent multi-threading design, fully utilizing multi-core processors
- Transcoding with high performance and high quality
- Flexible control over transcoding parameters
- Simplified UI for popular mobile devices (PSP, iPhone/iPod etc)
- Fully standalone, no dependancy on system codecs/splitters
- Simultaneous Segmental Transcoding (in development)
- Improving compression / reducing size for audio/video files
- Converting media content for playback on devices (digital audio player, MP4 player, mobile phone, PDA, PSP, VCD/DVD player etc.)
- Converting media content for online publication or broadcasting
- Extracting audio track from video files
- Ripping audio/video discs
- Fixing corrupted or partial downloaded video files
- Lossy Audio: MP3, Vorbis, LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1/v2, AC-3, MPEG Audio L2, MusePack, Speex, AMR, Windows Media Audio, ADPCM, mp3PRO*
- Lossless Audio: FLAC, WavPack, Monkey’s Audio, OptimFrog, ALAC, TTA, PCM,
- Video: H.264, XviD, DivX, MPEG 1/2/4, Flash Video, Theora (Open Video), Dirac, H.263, RealVideo, Windows Media Video, MJPEG
- Container: AVI, MPEG PS, MPEG TS, Matroska, MP4, PMP, RealMedia, ASF, MTS/AVCHD*, Quicktime*, OGM*
- Storage and Streaming: CD, DVD, VCD, SVCD, CUESheet*, HTTP*, FTP*, RTSP*, UDP*
I love MediaCoder multiple supported formats. I have videos in Real Media (rmvb), mkv, QuickTime. MediaCoder has no problem to convert them all to mp4. And it utilizes all 4 cores of my powerful Intel Core2 Quad X9650 Extreme CPU @ 100%. The encoding speed is fast. Love it. A nice companion for HTC HD2 which support hardware mp4 video playback. More and more movies and music videos are in my HTC HD2 now. Do have a try yourself too.
Download Best free video converter ~ MediaCoder here.
I like SUPER © Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer.
AVG detects virus when finish encode video with it. Do you face the same issue?
Anyway, the encoding speed is slower than MediaCoder and does not use up 4 cores 100%.
Symantec didn’t detect it as virus when I use SUPER 1 year ago. Didn’t compare the encoding speed.
kaspersky pure detect virus.. but nice video converter…
Im a fan of Super © Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer. But I’m willing to give MediaCoder a try too. We must try everything at least once right ?
This software is okay. But I much prefer VideoMax Free Video Converter Freeware at free-star.org. It has more sets.
well done. i have a bunch of video needed to be converted for my new bought ipad. thanks for sharing,i will give it a try
Thanks a lot