NAND Android on HTC HD2 cannot work without the help of DFT LEO MAGLDR Bootloader. It is a 2011 New Year Gift from DFT. MAGLDR Bootloader can load Android from SD card, Android from NAND and even Windows Phone 7 from NAND (when it comes out). It even has Tetris game loaded. Besides, you can turn SD card as USB Drive directly without entering any OS. Thanks to DFT for this wonderful gift.
- “Boot AD SD” – boots android from SD card. zImage and initrd.gz loaded from directory selected via “AD SD Dir” menu. rel_path=%ADSDDIR% added to kernel command line.
- “Boot AD NAND”- boots android from NAND. zImage and initrd.gz loaded from YAFFS2 partition with “boot” flag.
- “Boot WPH” – boots WPH from nand. WPH must be flashed before. NOT AVAILABLE now.
- “USB MassStg” – provide SD card as USB Stick to computer. You can copy files via it directly without OS. Allow to change kernels fast for Android developers. THIS FEATURE IS STILL EXPERIMENTAL. BE WARNED.
- “USB Flasher” – use this item to flash Android or WPH.
- “USB TTY” – need same drivers like MTTY for SPL access
- “AD HardReset”- erase android partitons with “hr” in the flags. usually you need erase userstore.
- “Tetris” – Tetris game. Get 111111 score to activate hidden features of MAGLDR
- “DMESG to SD” – dumps dmesg android log to SD card. useful for developers. EXPERIMENTAL.
- “DumpUDtoSD” – dumps asize partition to SD card. BUGGY, SLOW and not tested. Don’t use it.
- “UseLast24NAND” – allow to use last 24 megabytes of NAND. EXPERIMENTAL. But if you update MAGLDR via RUU or press WM65 hard reset keys. you will lost this 24 megabytes of data. It means data will be corrupted or device won’t boot more. Default is OFF.
- Use “Home” key to return back from submenu.
- Use “Power” key to enter main menu during autoboot.
Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe to install it. But your phone must have HSPL3 and radio ROM that support 576 RAM. Note – official 3.14 HTC HD2 ROM cannot install it. I tried…
Download DFT LEO MAGLDR Bootloader v1.11 here.
Hey, I would like to install this, but I have the 3.14 HTC HD2 ROM that cannot install this, can you please help me find a work around?
nevermind, i found an old rom and flashed it and then it worked (after I installed HSPLA) thanks!
i am having ROM 1.66 version i tried to upgrade to 3.14 error occur and now whenever i start up my phone it just stuck (hanged) on htc main screen nd nothing happen at all .
i tried this method ..
i kept power on nd dnt let it go still nothing happen sir plz help me .
em so much worried .. 🙁
give me a solution ..
another suppose i installed magldr in my phone upgration is still not completed occur occur and only htc start page occur nd then hang up venever i start on the phone .. will i get win 6.5 boot again if yes den how ,..?
ans both the ques sir plz … need your help
Sorry, I am not sure what have you done with your phone exactly. Try this to get back to Windows Mobile 6.5. https://www.jayceooi.com/2011/01/01/how-to-upgrade-htc-hd2-rom-through-sd-card-video/
I have install DFT LEO NAND ANDROID on my HTC HD 2 but I am having problems with internet connection. Last night it worked for a few minutes, I then soft reset the phone and pulled the battery I even have app refresh signal and I even went into settings and did a reset to default APN settings, last night all this got it working again but this morning no network connection again. I can make and receive calls I just can’t get online or use any app that requires a network connection.
I fixed my own problem I have to manually put in TMobiles APN and MMS settings. But strange that it worked last night for hours without those settings.
I can not find the place to set these settings. Can you tell me where they are?
I got it working and the net is blazing fast!
Hd2 with windows was AWFUL – Hd2 with Android rules!
You are welcome. 🙂
I have installed 1.12 on my hd2, but I cannot get in to the boot menu anymore (the menu that has USB Flashe, etc).
basically when I start the phone while I am holding the vol down key, the phone boots to the color full screen (Red, Green etc).
Could some one please let me know how I can get to the boot menu again?
You need to hold the power button. Not volume down button. 😉
That doesnt work..
i just see the magldr screen.. en nothing else..
Yes, this will load MAGLDR bootloader. What do you want to load?
when you hold the power button during the start of the foon it has to show a menu..
but i don’t get it… maybe a alternative?
you will help me a lot, my foon is now useless 🙁
You have MAGLDR screen without the menu?
If tryed it for like 100 times.. but again and again, no results..
You got any idea how that hapends or how it can be fixt?
Try to reinstall it again – https://www.jayceooi.com/2011/08/15/how-to-install-magldr-v1-13-on-htc-hd2-video/
If tryed it now for like 3 days…
All over again and again.. but still, no results.
Do you have SPL-2.08.HSPL and radio v2.15?
help me for htc mobile rom updata
Sorry, don’t get you. What do you want to do?
i ve tried 2-3 androids type but couldn’t install ny one of them….:(
i need ur HELP…!!!!!!!!
plz suggest me any android link that i can use to download n install…
here r my phone specifications…
1. windows 6.5
2. couldn’t install ‘DFT MAGLD’
3. CE OS 5.2.21869 (Bulid 218184.108.40.206)
4. radio version ( 2.05.51.05_2 )
jayce plz HELP me………..
What is your phone model?
HTC HD2 T8585…..
Please follow this guide – https://www.jayceooi.com/2011/08/02/top-android-2-3-5-gingerbread-nand-android-rom-for-htc-hd2/
hey jayce 10x..:)
i would try n let u know how it works……
Well.. i think it was the radio thing.. the first time if installed it.. it didnt work..
If tryed it now for the second and third time.. and know its working:D
I think Ive bricked my HD2 flashed wrong ROM & now doesnt go into boot (vol down + power) or anything. It just vibrates 7 times-NO power on, screen doesnt light, NOTHING:( heeeelllp. Ive read that the only way to fix is via JTAG. BUT surely there must be a way of flashing the bootstrap of this damn HTC HD2 e.g like SAMSUNG ODIN. Any help or advice appreciated. Thank you
Sorry helpme, no idea about JTAG. But you can try factory reset it see.
Thanks Jayce for your reply. Unfortunately hard reset doesnt work on this bricked htc HD2 🙁 just vibrates 7 times. I wont be buying htc again thats for sure. Ive had many phones in my lifetime & this is one of the worst. Along my travels researching this HD2, Ive seen other users have many many problems with this (&other htc ) handset, ranging from overheating (due to crap heat dissipation design-take a look at thermal pad to plastic back cover as heatsink lol )
Touchscreen problems to battery cover not staying on problems to dead boot like mine. Even NOKIA has dead USB flashing to repair their handsets. Samsung has ODIN to repair but what the hell is up with htc??
pls why is it that I cant download ur software.
Hi Albert, please use PC to download. Link is still working.