How to install custom ROM on Google Nexus 7 with ClockworkMod Touch Recovery (CWM)? Yes, you don’t want to stay on official stock Google Nexus 7 ROM all the time, right? Try out the latest and greatest custom ROM which loaded with newest stuffs and better tweaks and hacks. And lots of fine tuned custom Android ROM are available for Nexus 7, thanks to all the developers. But before install a new custom ROM with CWM, be sure to make a full Nexus 7 system backup with CWM first. Because the new firmware will replace your existing ROM. Check out below step by step video guide to learn more…
- ClockworkMod Touch Recovery
- Custom ROM
In order to install custom ROM in CWM zip format, you need to have ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on Nexus 7 first. Follow this guide to install CWM ~ How to install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery (CWM) on Nexus 7? (Video)
Step by Step Guide
- First of all, copy the custom ROM zip file that you want to install into Nexus 7 internal storage (sdcard).
- Boot in Nexus 7 CWM.
- Select wipe data/factory reset. (You can skip this step if upgrade from same ROM)
- Then select Yes — delete all user data.
- Select install zip from sdcard.
- Then select choose zip from sdcard.
- Select your custom ROM file (GlazedJellyBeanV1.1.2.zip in my video).
- Select Yes – Install your custom ROM zip file.
- After installation finished, select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Then select reboot system now.
- That’s all.
Enjoy your new installed custom ROM on Google Nexus 7.