How to install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery (CWM) on Google Nexus 7? The easiest way to install CWM on Nexus 7 ~ use Google Nexus 7 ToolKit using 1 click method. It will help to root Nexus 7, install Superuser & Busybox applications and install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery as well. What is Nexus 7 ClockworkMod Touch Recovery? Please refer to this post – Google Nexus 7 ClockworkMod Touch Recovery.
- Google Nexus 7 ToolKit
- Nexus 7 adb & fastboot drivers
Note – We need to unlock Nexus 7 bootloader in order to install CWM. And unlock Nexus 7 bootloader will delete everything on your Nexus 7. Do backup all your stuffs first. And make sure that Google Nexus 7 ToolKit and Nexus 7 adb & fastboot drivers are installed properly. Do refer to those guides before process to install CWM on Nexus 7.
Step by Step Guide
- Go to Settings.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode.
- Connect USB cable to Nexus 7.
- At Google Nexus 7 ToolKit, select 8. 1-CLICK FOR ALL.
- Select No to reboot to Fastboot Mode.
- Select Yes – Unlock bootloader (may void warranty) with Power button.
- Your Nexus 7 bootloader will be unlocked.
- Then a fresh Android OS will be loaded.
- Follow on-screen instructions to setup it.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode again.
- System will start to root Nexus 7 with Superuser. And push Busybox to it. Then install CWM Touch Recovery.
- Remove USB cable after Android OS loaded.
- That’s all.
How to load Nexus 7 CWM? Please refer to this guide – How to load Nexus 7 recovery mode?
I have the version 4.2.2 and from step 5 does not work, just reboot into fastboot and get an error in tollkit.
What is the error message? And which version of toolkit?