How to install custom firmware on Samsung Galaxy S III with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM)? Yeah… We don’t want to stay on stock official firmware all the while, right? Try out the latest and greatest custom firmware which loaded with newest stuffs and better tweaks and hacks. And lots of fine tuned custom Android ROM are available for Samsung Galaxy S3. But before install a new custom firmware with CWM, be sure to make a full system backup with CWM first. Because the new firmware will replace your existing firmware.
- ClockworkMod Recovery
In order to install firmware in CWM zip format, you need to have ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3 first. Follow this guide to install CWM ~ How to install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on Samsung Galaxy S3? (Video)
Step by Step Guide
- First of all, copy the firmware zip file that you want to install into SD card.
- Turn off Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Release all buttons when you see SGS3 Logo.
- ClockworkMod Recovery will be loaded then.
- Select wipe data/factory reset with Volume Up / Down buttons. (You can skip this step if upgrade from same firmware)
- Select it with Power (or Home) button.
- Then select Yes — delete all user data.
- Select wipe cache partition. (You can skip this step if upgrade from same firmware)
- Then select Yes — Wipe Cache.
- Go to install zip from sdcard.
- Then select choose zip from sdcard.
- Select your zip file (HyperGalaxy_v0.3.zip in my video).
- Select Yes – Install your zip file.
- After installation finished, select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Then select reboot system now.
- That’s all.
Enjoy your new installed custom firmware.