How to install update zip with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on Samsung Galaxy Note II? Yes, most of the custom modifications like theme, boot animation, application, modem, kernel and ROM are in CWM zip format. Therefore, you need to use CWM to install them on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. By the way, always make a full system backup with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 CWM before apply any update zip. Why? Not every custom build zip is friendly to Samsung Galaxy Note 2. You might face bootloop issue (can’t enter Android OS at all). And restore to previous backup image is the best way to recover.
Step by Step Guide
- First of all, copy the update zip file that you want to install into internal sdcard.
- Turn off Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Release all buttons when you see SGN2 Logo.
- ClockworkMod Recovery will be loaded then.
- Go to install zip from sdcard with Volume Up / Down buttons (or on-screen up / down buttons).
- Select it with Power button.
- Then select choose zip from sdcard.
- Select your update zip file (CallRecordLJ3Odexed.zip in my video).
- Select Yes – Install your update zip file.
- After installation finished, select Go Back.
- Then select reboot system now.
- That’s all.
Enjoy your new installed custom mod on Samsung Galaxy Note 2…
Can u post the link to download the call recording update.
Or u can guide how to download the update
Get it from XDA Forum.
I searched it on xda but cud not find the one for odexed firmware .can u plz post a xda link so i can download it
If you can’t find, then there is no mod for your firmware.
Thanks 4 ur reply yes my built is LK7 and there is no mod for call recording as of now but i have found a app called total recall call recording and it just works fine for me.
hey Jayce, thanks for the info. I D/L’d the Jellybean 4.3 update from Cyanogen and loaded the zip file onto my GN2. Following your directions, everything worked great…until I rebooted. Now my phone has been stuck with the spinning Cynaogen Mod image on the screen for about 45 minutes (http://tinyurl.com/orwmuzv).
Am I stuck in bootloader? If so, how do I get out?
Hi Jekku, try factory reset in recovery.