How to install update zip with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on Samsung Galaxy Note II? Yes, most of the custom modifications like theme, boot animation, application, modem, kernel and ROM are in CWM zip format. Therefore, you need to use CWM to install them on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. By the way, always make a full system backup with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 CWM before apply any update zip. Why? Not every custom build zip is friendly to Samsung Galaxy Note 2. You might face bootloop issue (can’t enter Android OS at all). And restore to previous backup image is the best way to recover.
Step by Step Guide
- First of all, copy the update zip file that you want to install into internal sdcard.
- Turn off Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Release all buttons when you see SGN2 Logo.
- ClockworkMod Recovery will be loaded then.
- Go to install zip from sdcard with Volume Up / Down buttons (or on-screen up / down buttons).
- Select it with Power button.
- Then select choose zip from sdcard.
- Select your update zip file (CallRecordLJ3Odexed.zip in my video).
- Select Yes – Install your update zip file.
- After installation finished, select Go Back.
- Then select reboot system now.
- That’s all.
Enjoy your new installed custom mod on Samsung Galaxy Note 2…