Left 4 Dead 2 crash fix
Posted by Jayce Ooi as Games
The 1st Left 4 Dead version faces game crash issue. And the next release Left 4 Dead 2 also facing the same crashing issue. After searching online for crash fix solution, I found some that might help you all.
Left 4 Dead 2
Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2) quit / crash to desktop (CTD) fix
- Navigate to your windows folder (usually c:/windows/)
- Inside there, goto the CSC folder
- Try to open the folder and it should fail (if it doesn’t, you have a different problem). It’ll come up with ‘You don’t currently have permission to access this folder’ at which time you keep pressing continue until it says you’ve been denied.
- Right-click the folder, go to properties.
- Go to the security tab at which point it’ll say ‘To continue, you must be an administrative user with permission to view this object’s security properties’ at which point you click continue.
- Click on admin in the owner tab which will swap the owner to the administrator then click OK.
- You then click on OK once again which will bring up the security tab.
- Tick ‘full control’, press OK twice to get out of the properties tabs.
- Run the game.
- Close Steam
- Go To ..\steam\steamapps
- Delete left 4 dead 2 client.ncf
- Delete left 4 dead 2 common.ncf
- Restart Steam
- Right-click L4D2 and Install
- Let it sort itself out.
- Right click on L4D2 and click on properties
- Click on “Set Launch Options…”
- Type the following “-lv” and hit ok
- Play the game but be jarateed that you don’t have your gore anymore but hay it works.
- Try the unofficial Left 4 Dead 2 patch.