Hmm… This is what most of the user don’t like to do ~ hard reset your own phone. But I am going to hard reset my HTC HD2 in the near future. Why? Most of the applications like calculator, Google Maps, Garmin Mobile XT do not able to rotate to landscape mode anymore. Luckily, Opera Mobile 10 which heavily use still working. And HTC album and music player are working fine too. Not sure why my phone behave like this. Maybe I installed some ‘dangerous’ applications… Who know? Anyway, there is the guide to hard reset HTC HD2 that I took from HTC website.
Performing a factory reset via settings
- On the Home screen’s Settings tab, tap Menu > All Settings > System > Clear Storage.
- Enter 1234.
- Tap YES to perform the reset, or tap NO to cancel the reset.
Performing a factory reset using phone buttons
- With your phone powered off, press and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- While holding the volume buttons, press the END/POWER button briefly and then release it.
- When you see a warning message on screen, release the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
By the way, do remember to backup your data first before hard reset (if you still can). You can sync with Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft My Phone to backup personal data like contacts, calendar, SMS, tasks. For programs, you need to use other backup application. Usually, I prefer a clean installation after format. So backup data to Microsoft My Phone is enough for me.