Is your Xiaomi Redmi 2 smartphone not performing well lately? Maybe it’s time to hard reset it to original stage. Factory data reset Redmi 2 will clear and delete everything on your phone. Make your Redmi 2 like a new one again. Of course, all your installed applications and games, personal data (music, video, photo), settings will be deleted as well (you can choose not to delete them but it might not solve issues then). Therefore, be sure to backup all the stuffs first before hard reset.
How to factory data reset Xiaomi Redmi 2?
There are 2 ways to do so. Choose the one that suite you best…
Factory data reset method –
- Go to Settings.
- Select Additional settings.
- Then tap on Backup & reset.
- Select Factory data reset ~ Erases all data on phone.
- Check both Erase apps and Erase stored content (you can skip too).
- Tap on Reset phone.
- Press Erase to confirm.
- That’s it.
Mi-Recovery method –
- Power off your phone.
- Press Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time.
- Release buttons when see Mi logo.
- Select Recovery.
- Choose a language.
- Then select Wipe & Reset.
- Finally, Wipe All Data.
Only use Mi-Recovery method when normal built-in factory data reset method is not able to perform. Enjoy a fresh Redmi 2…