HTC HD2 has 576 MB physical RAM but was reduced by software to 512 MB only. And custom Windows Mobile ROM + radio 2.07 or above can unlock it to be 576 MB again. Certain custom Windows Mobile ROM need higher radio version than your phone. And NAND Android requires it too. So you need to install custom radio ROM (if you don’t have the correct radio version).
- HSPL3 ~ SPL-2.08.HSPL
In order to flash custom radio ROM, you need to have HSPL3 installed on your HTC HD2. Follow this guide ~ How to Install HSPL3 on HTC HD2? (Video) to install. By the way, I used Radio Leo 22.214.171.124 on my guide. You can use it or any other HTC HD2 Radio ROM version.
Step by Step Guide
- Power off your phone.
- Press volume down button (don’t let go) and power on your phone.
- It will load into bootloader.
- You should get ‘Red, Green, Blue and White’ screen with SPL-2.08.HSPL.
- Take off the battery.
- Power on your phone.
- I have R 2.06.51.07 at bottom of the screen with green HTC Logo.
- Connect USB cable from PC to phone after Windows Mobile loaded.
- Select ‘ActiveSync’ and click ‘Done’.
- Open Radio Leo 126.96.36.199.rar with 7-Zip.
- Copy CustomRUU.exe and RUU_signed.nbh to desktop.
- Execute CustomRUU.
- Click ‘Yes’ if User Access Control prompt up.
- Follow onscreen instructions to install.
- Bootloader will be loaded with USB status during starting of installation.
- Phone will be rebooted after installation finished.
- You should have R 188.8.131.52 at bottom of the screen with green HTC Logo.
- Disconnect USB cable from phone.
- That’s all.
Download HTC HD2 Radio Leo 184.108.40.206 here.