Don’t like stock firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note II? Try out latest and greatest custom ROM out there. Most of custom ROMs for Galaxy Note 2 are loaded with latest Android version like Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. And with tweaks, modifications and optimizations. Of course, it is pre-rooted as well too. But before to try out these goodies, make sure that you have make a full system backup with CWM first because custom ROM will replace your existing firmware. So back to the question ~ How to install custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM)?
- ClockworkMod Recovery
- Custom ROM
Please refer to this guide – How to install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on Samsung Galaxy Note 2? (Video) to get CWM installed. Custom ROM in CWM zip format needs ClockworkMod Recovery to install.
Step by Step Guide
- First of all, copy the custom ROM zip file that you want to install into SD card.
- Turn off Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Release all buttons when you see SGN2 Logo.
- ClockworkMod Recovery will be loaded then.
- Select wipe data/factory reset with Volume Up / Down buttons. (You can skip this step if upgrade from same ROM)
- Select it with Power (or Home) button.
- Then select Yes — delete all user data.
- Go to install zip from sdcard.
- Then select choose zip from sdcard.
- Select your zip file (miui_Note2_2.12.28_82956aad74_4.1.zip in my video).
- Select Yes – Install your zip file.
- After installation finished, select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Then select reboot system now.
- That’s all.
Enjoy your new installed custom ROM.