Yeah… There is another free backup utility for Android. It is called MyBackup Root, developed by RerWare. As the name applied, it works only on rooted phone. But that’s not a problem for Android HTC HD2 because most of the ROMs are rooted. And it is great for me who like to test different NAND Android ROMs.
MyBackup Root Features
- 0-Click Batch backup of applications APK+Data and Market links. Including protected apps.
- 0-Click Batch RESTORE! of applications APK+Data and Market links
- Unlimited amount of backups
- Scheduled backups
- Backup to SD card (Online option for Pro users)
- Data backup supported BETWEEN DIFFERENT ROMS! of Contacts, Call log, Browser Bookmarks, SMS (text messages), MMS, Calendar, System Settings, Home Screens (including shortcut positions), Alarms, Dictionary, Music Playlists, and more…
I took JDMS Ultimate NAND Android ROM for testing. Backup is okay for application, data and settings. But it failed to restore home screens items like wallpaper and shortcuts on the same ROM. Time zone setting cannot be restored too. Other than that, everything looks okay. Application and data were restored fine.
Search for ‘MyBackup Root’ at Android Market to download.