Want to try out something new on your WeTek Hub Android TV Box? Thanks to ricardopvz, you can now try out Android TV ROM (based on WeOS 1.0.2) on your very WeTek Hub. Personally, I did not try it out. But shouldn’t hard to install based on the instructions given. In short, just download Android TV ROM and install it with recovery. As usual, you need to factory reset first before install new ROM.
- HD Audio passthrough is working for Android apps like Netflix, Plex and others
- 5.1 audio in Netflix
- Custom Live Channels app (aka TV) – Ability to choose source independently
- Voice search works with usb mic’s and the Android TV remote app (Android, iOS)
- SPMC included in favor of WePlayer
- Web interface is on port 8181 to not interfere with SPMC Android TV integration
- WeTek Core Remote works out of the box, including the mic
- Sideload Launcher included
- Power button on the bottom of the launcher
- Can start apps on boot
- Supports USB microphones
Interested? Head to WeTek Forum to try it out yourself.