Everyone can have Android 2.2 Froyo on HTC HD2 officially now. It will make your HTC HD2 to run Android operation system like HTC Desire HD while still having the old Windows Mobile operating system. And lot of great Android 2.2 Froyo ROMs can be chose to install. The best part ~ it is not hard to do so. You can do it on your own too. Check out the Android on HTC HD2 installation video guide or step by step guide to learn more…
- SPL 3.03
- Radio 2.15
- Official HTC HD2 ROM v3.14
- Android 2.2 Froyo ROM
If you are using old HTC HD2 Windows Mobile ROM like v1.48, v1.66 or v1.72, all you need to do ~ upgrade to latest official HTC HD2 ROM Version 3.14. Follow the video guide ~ How to upgrade Windows Mobile ROM on HTC HD2? if you don’t know to do so. Official HTC HD2 ROM version 3.14 will install SPL 3.03 and Radio 2.15 on your phone. And this makes Android working on HTC HD2.
I picked darkstone SuperRAM FroYo Android ROM in the guide because it is the fastest loading Android ROM yet. You can try out other Top 10 Android ROMs for HTC HD2 too. By the way, I use free 7-Zip (any unzip application like WinZip or WinRAR also can) to unzip the Android ROM.
Step by Step Guide
- Power off your phone.
- Press volume down button (don’t let go) and power on your phone.
- It will load into bootloader.
- You should get ‘Red, Green, Blue and White’ screen with SPL-3.03.
- Take off the battery.
- Power on your phone.
- You should see R 126.96.36.199 and D 3.14.xx at bottom of the screen with green HTC Logo.
- Connect USB cable from PC to phone after Windows Mobile loaded.
- Select ‘Disk Drive’ and click ‘Done’.
- Open removable disk (SD card storage) at PC.
- Open Android ROM zip with 7-Zip.
- Copy ‘Android’ and ‘Media’ folders to SD card.
- Disconnect USB cable from phone.
- Open ‘File Explorer’.
- Go to ‘Storage Card’.
- Select ‘Android’ folder.
- Click on ‘CLRCAD’ first. (note – nothing show up is normal)
- Then click on ‘HARET’. (just click ‘Yes’ if unknown publisher warning prompt up)
- First time Android loading will take around 1 – 2 minutes.
- Follow phone onscreen instructions to setup.
- That’s all.
Note – most of the Android ROMs come with ‘Android’ folder only. darkstone SuperRAM FroYo has extra ‘media’ folder. Some may have different names. But as long as you have all the prerequisites, your phone should be able to run android.
Download darkstone SuperRAM FroYo v1.5 [kernel: hastarin r8.6 eb_oldcam custom] ROM here.
Enjoy Android on HTC HD2…