How to install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on Google Nexus 4? The easiest way to do so is to use the 1 click method when root Nexus 4. Or you can also install it manually. Check out this post on why you should have ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on Nexus 4.
- Unlock Nexus 4 Bootloader
First of all, you need an unlocked Nexus 4 Bootloader to install custom recovery, ROM and so on. And get Google Nexus 4 ToolKit and Nexus 4 adb & fastboot drivers ready to ease your life too.
How to install CWM on Google Nexus 4?
- Boot into Nexus 4 Fastboot Mode.
- Connect USB cable to Nexus 4.
- At Google Nexus 4 ToolKit, select 6. Flash Recovery [Custom or Stock Recovery].
- Select 1. Flash Clockworkmod Touch Recovery 184.108.40.206.
- Select Yes to continue.
- That’s all.