Both T-Mobile HD2 and HTC HD2 hava 576 MB physical RAM but HTC HD2 was reduced by software to 512 MB only. Radio v2.07 and above can unlock it to use 576 MB. Why do you need to install custom radio ROM that supports 576 MB? NAND Android and Windows Phone 7 need it. You need to have correct radio ROM in order to use NAND Android and Windows Phone 7. Just follow step by step video guide to install it.
In order to install custom radio ROM, you need to have HSPL installed on your HTC HD2. Follow this guide ~ How to Install HSPL4 on HTC HD2? to install. I used the latest radio ROM 220.127.116.11 in the video guide. You can use it or any other HTC HD2 Radio ROM version that support 576 MB.
Step by Step Guide
- Press volume down button (don’t let go) and power on your phone.
- It will load into ‘Red, Green, Blue and White’ screen bootloader.
- You can see your HTC HD2 SPL version there.
- Connect USB cable from PC to phone.
- Serial status will be turned into USB.
- At PC, right click on CustomRUU.exe and select ‘Run as administrator’.
- Click ‘Yes’ if User Access Control prompt up.
- Follow onscreen instructions to install.
- Phone will be rebooted after installation finished.
- That’s all.
You should able to see R 18.104.22.168 at bottom of the screen with green HTC Logo if you still have Windows Mobile 6.5 on your HTC HD2.
Download HTC HD2 Radio Leo 22.214.171.124 here.