How to root Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 (or GT-N7105)? In short, it is not hard at all. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has an unlooked bootloader. So you can modify it easily including rooting. For me, root access is a must have for Android devices. So I don’t buy product with locked bootloader usually. Root access is great because you can do lot of interesting stuffs like backup applications and data with Titanium Backup, remove advertisements, improve user experience with custom modification… Interested to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2? Just watch my step by step video guide to learn how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Note – CF-Auto-Root supports Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 model only (at the time of writing this guide). Don’t install CF-Auto-Root on other Samsung Galaxy Note 2 models.
Step by Step Guide
- Go to Settings.
- Click on About device.
- Find out your SGN2 Model number. Make sure that it’s GT-N7100.
- Then power off your phone.
- Press and hold down Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Press Volume Up button when warning prompt.
- Odin download mode will be loaded.
- Connect USB cable to your phone.
- At PC, extract CF-Auto-Root-SGN2.tar file that you downloaded to CF-Auto-Root folder.
- Then bring up Odin3.
- Click on PDA.
- Select the .tar at CF-Auto-Root folder.
- Click Start then.
- Remove USB cable from your phone when you see green PASS! at Odin3.
- After Android OS loaded, you should see SuperSU application installed.
- That’s all.
Enjoy root access on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2…
Need ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM)? Please refer to this guide – How to install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on Samsung Galaxy Note 2? (Video)