Can’t detect your SD card at PC after installed Windows Phone 7? Windows Phone 7 build 7004 XBmod-Yuki ROM v2 will encrypt SD card and make it like a real WP7 phone. Therefore, your SD card is locked. And can’t be detected at all. How to unlock and revive SD card after install Windows Phone 7? You need to install StorageLock in WP7. Then use it to unlock the SD card. Or lock it if you want. After unlocked, you will see 2 partitions on your SD card. You may delete both of them and create FAT32 file type partition so that you can use the SD card again on PC, Android or Windows Mobile. Just follow below step by step guide to do so…
Note – only perform these tasks when you don’t want to use WP7 anymore. Or want to dual boot WP7 and Android (note – just unlock and don’t delete any partition). Else just skip these…
- Windows Phone 7
- Zune Software (link)
- WP7 Update Cab Sender
How to unlock and revive SD card after install Windows Phone 7?
- Connect USB cable from PC to phone.
- At PC, enter WP7-Update-Cab-Sender folder.
- Go to ‘if needed install this tool’ folder.
- Install Setup-UpdateWP (x64 for 64 bits Windows and x86 for 32 bits Windows).
- Copy DEV_STORAGELOCK.cab to WP7-Update-Cab-Sender folder.
- Run WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat.
- Then type S – (S)end Cabs to device.
- After finished installation, close WP7 Update Cab Sender.
- Disconnect USB cable from phone.
- At WP7, launch StorageLock.
- Click yes to unlock SD card.
- Shutdown your phone.
- Put your SD card into card reader.
- Launch Partition Wizard Home Edition (download it here)
- You should see 2 partitions on SD card.
- Delete both of them.
- Create a primary FAT32 file type partition.
- Click ‘Apply’ to begin the process.
- That’s all.
Refer to this video if you don’t know how to use WP7 Update Cab Sender.