How to install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500? Someone asked me just now. Well, current rooting methods for Galaxy S4 do not include CWM installation. Therefore, you need to install it manually. No worry, the CWM installation is like rooting Galaxy S4. In short, just use Odin software to install it. Not sure how to do so? Just read below steps by steps video guide to find out.
- ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM)
Note – ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) developed for Galaxy S4 I9500 is meant for I9500 model only. Don’t install on other Galaxy S4 model like I9505. If you need root access, please refer to this guide – How to root Galaxy S4 GT-I9500? (Video)
Step by Step Guide
- Bring up Settings.
- Go to More tab.
- Click on About device.
- Find out your Galaxy S4 Model number. Make sure that it’s GT-I9500.
- Then power off your phone.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Press Volume Up button when warning prompt.
- Odin download mode will be loaded.
- Connect USB cable to your Galaxy S4.
- At PC, bring up Odin3.
- Click on PDA.
- Select the CWM for I9500 .tar.md5 file.
- Click Start then.
- Remove USB cable from Galaxy S4 when you see green RESET! then Removed!! at Odin3.
- After Android OS loaded, power off it.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- CWM should be loaded then.
- That’s all.
Enjoy the wonderful features of CWM on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
Download Odin3 v3.07 here.
Download CWM for Samsung Galaxy S4 here.