After installed ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on Samsung Galaxy S III, you need to try custom mod like theme, boot animation, application, modem, kernel and ROM. Else you are wasting the full potential of CWM on Samsung Galaxy S3. It is simple to install them as all you need to do is copy the update zip file to SD card. Then install it with CWM. No PC or Mac is needed. However, not every custom build zip is friendly to Samsung Galaxy S3. Therefore, be sure to make a full system backup with CWM before apply any update zip. Just restore to previous backup image if anything went wrong. Check out below step by step video guide to learn more…
Step by Step Guide
- First of all, copy the update zip file that you want to install into SD card.
- Turn off Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Release all buttons when you see SGS3 Logo.
- ClockworkMod Recovery will be loaded then.
- Go to install zip from sdcard with Volume Up / Down buttons.
- Select it with Power (or Home) button.
- Then select choose zip from sdcard.
- Select your update zip file (XXALE8_AB_2.zip in my video).
- Select Yes – Install your update zip file.
- After installation finished, select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Then select reboot system now.
- That’s all.
Enjoy your new installed custom mod on Samsung Galaxy S3.