There are different kernel build for Android HTC HD2. The kernel developers continue to improve it and release every few days. However, the ROM chefs might not update their build. So we have to do it ourselves. Actually, it is not hard and really simple to upgrade the kernel. Just cut and paste…
How to update Android kernel on HTC HD2?
- Restart phone via the Power menu (or shutdown if you don’t have Restart option)
- Once it vibrates eject microSD card
- Place the card in your PC reader
- Copy the zImage and root folder in to the Android folder on the SD card via PC
- Optionally copy in haret.exe and initrd.gz to the same folder
- Edit your startup.txt to make sure the KERNEL is using the zImage. The relevant line after editing in my startup.txt looks like this: set KERNEL zImage
- Put SD card back in and reboot WM
- Boot Android (in my case via a bootloader, but you can manually run CLRCAD.exe followed by haret.exe)
Above steps are taken from hastarin r7.6 kernel. And I updated Mdeejay FroYo Sense v1.1 Clean ROM from hastarin r7.5 to r7.6. So far, it does reduce the touch screen and tilt freeze issue.