In order to install NAND Android on HTC HD2, you must install DFT MAGLDR Bootloader first. And the good news ~ both LEO512 and LEO1024 are supported. This means US T-Mobile HD2, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world’s HTC HD2 are supported. Do read this post for its usage and more information about DFT MAGLDR Bootloader.
Note – by installing MAGLDR, you cannot boot into Windows Mobile 6.5 anymore. And Android on SD card is not working on MAGLDR v1.11. I tried 2 builds ~ Android booted and hang there. So everything on your phone is gone…
- HSPL3 ~ SPL-2.08.HSPL
- Radio that support 576 RAM
No worry, Android on NAND is working. That’s the reason we install DFT MAGLDR Bootloader on our HTC HD2, right? And we will be able to load Windows Phone 7 when the ROM comes out. Okay, let’s get started. If you don’t have HSPL3, please install it by follow the guide ~ How to Install HSPL3 on HTC HD2? (Video). And install radio ROM 2.15 with this guide ~ How to Install Custom Radio ROM on HTC HD2? (Video).
Step by Step Guide
- Power off your phone.
- Press volume down button (don’t let go) and power on your phone.
- It will load into bootloader.
- You should get ‘Red, Green, Blue and White’ screen with SPL-2.08.HSPL.
- Take off the battery.
- Power on your phone.
- You should have R 220.127.116.11 at bottom of the screen with green HTC Logo.
- Connect USB cable from PC to phone after Windows Mobile loaded.
- Select ‘ActiveSync’ and click ‘Done’.
- Open DFT_LEO_MAGLDR111.rar with 7-Zip.
- Copy MAGLDR111 folder to desktop.
- Enter MAGLDR111 folder.
- Execute ROMUpdateUtility.
- Click ‘Yes’ if User Access Control prompt up.
- Follow onscreen instructions to install.
- Bootloader will be loaded with USB status during starting of installation.
- Phone will be rebooted after installation finished.
- DFT MAGLDR Bootloader will be loaded then.
- Disconnect USB cable from phone.
- That’s all.
Download DFT LEO MAGLDR Bootloader v1.11 here.
It’s not finish yet. Follow this guide ~ How to Install NAND Android on HTC HD2? to install NAND Android.