“How to convert mp3 as iPhone 4 ringtone?” One of my friends asked me. What? We cannot set our own MP3 as phone ringtone? Anyway, there is a trick to make your own free custom ringtone for iPhone 4. However, a long one…
How to make free custom ringtone for iPhone 4?
- Open iTunes 10.
- Find the song that you want in Music Library. (Non-DRM song only)
- Play it and locate 40 seconds that you like. Mark the start and end time of the song. (iPhone ringtone support 40 seconds max only)
- Right click on it and select ‘Get Info’.
- Click on ‘Options’ tab.
- Key in the Start and Stop Time.
- Click ‘OK’ then.
- Right click on the song again and select ‘Create AAC Version’. Note – another 40s copy will be created.
- Right click on the new created song and select ‘Delete’.
- Select ‘Keep File’.
- Find the file in your PC (\Users\xx\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\)
- Rename the song extension from exampleSong.m4a to exampleSong.m4r.
- Double click on exampleSong.m4r. Note – it will be added to iTunes Ringtones.
- Finally, connect iPhone 4 and sync the ringtone by drag it from Library to iPhone.
Enjoy your new free custom ringtone for iPhone 4.