How to root Samsung Galaxy S II? That’s the question that I always ask when I got my Samsung Galaxy S2. I can’t do certain things without root access on my phone. Therefore, rooting Samsung Galaxy S2 is one of important mission for me. After studied, I discovered that it is not so hard to root Samsung Galaxy S2. Thanks to CF-Root. Watch the step by step video guide to find out more…
Basically, you need a CF-Root that matches your Samsung Galaxy S2 kernel version. Then use Odin3 to install it.
Step by Step Guide
- Go to Settings.
- Click on About phone.
- Find out your SGS2 kernel version.
- Download the correct CF-Root here.
- Then power off your phone.
- Press and hold down Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Press Volume Up button when warning prompt.
- Odin download mode will be loaded.
- Connect USB cable to your phone.
- At PC, extract CF-Root .tar file that you downloaded to CF-Root folder.
- Then bring up Odin3.
- Click on PDA.
- Select the .tar at CF-Root folder.
- Click Start then.
- Remove USB cable from your phone when you see green PASS! at Odin3.
- After Android loaded, you should see CWM Manager and Superuser installed.
- That’s all and enjoy root access.