NAND Android on HTC HD2 cannot work without the help of DFT LEO MAGLDR Bootloader. It is a 2011 New Year Gift from DFT. MAGLDR Bootloader can load Android from SD card, Android from NAND and even Windows Phone 7 from NAND (when it comes out). It even has Tetris game loaded. Besides, you can turn SD card as USB Drive directly without entering any OS. Thanks to DFT for this wonderful gift.
NAND Android is a 2011 New Year gift for HTC HD2 users. But that is not the only gift, we have ClockworkMod Recovery for HTC HD2 now. The main function is to flash NAND Android ROMs from SD card and no PC required. And it will flash a set partition layout on your phone before recovery mode can be used. So we can change to other ROM wherever and whenever we want now…
ClockworkMod Recovery Features
- Flash ROMs in update.zip format
- Backup and restore ROMs using Nandroid
- Flash ROMs from the SD card without use of a PC
- Easily Wipe all Data/Cache
- Repartition SD card for use with Apps2SD
- Full Root ADB access
- Fix app permissions
Haha… I received lot of question on how to remove Windows Phone 7 from HTC HD2 and go back to Windows Mobile 6.5. Android on HTC HD2 had been out for months and I did not receive any help request to remove it. But Windows Phone 7 on HTC HD2 is not even 1 week old, people seem don’t like it and want to get rid of it as soon as possible.
Okay, here is the step by step guide to remove Windows Phone 7 from HTC HD2. Oh, you might want to revive your SD card first…
ClockworkMod Recovery v1.3 for HTC HD2 is another Chinese New Year Gift to me. Thanks xda-developer, RaiderX303. It is a must installed application for MAGLDR v1.13. ClockworkMod Recovery is now booting from NAND instead of the old SD Card boot method. Download the recovery with the partition layout you require to flash the ROM. Then flash it like standard NAND ROM using DAF and MAGLDR USB Flasher. Finally, select AD Recovery to load into ClockworkMod Recovery.
ClockworkMod Recovery v1.3 Change Log
- Supports AD Recovery in MAGLDR
- MAGLDR v1.13 REQUIRED
- 400MB Partition layout now works with 512MB LEO for ROM with Data2SD
Yeah… Another version of DFT LEO MAGLDR Bootloader was released by Cotulla. And this brings it up to version 1.13 now. It is like a Chinese New Year Gift to me. Thanks Cotulla.
What’s New in MAGLDR v1.13?
- Added support for Android Recovery (AD Recovery)
- Added support for raw boot partition format (like in native android devices)
- Fixed USBMassStorage data lost on big transfers
- Fixed Power-Off-Cable-Plug-Stop. Phone now detects this situation and reboots. Battery controller inside LEO needs runtime control during charge, it implemented in OS.
- v1.13 still compatible with 1.10 1.11 1.12. Future version maybe not compatible with previous, be warned.
- Added option “ClearSD MBR”. which erase MBR, so card can be formatted via any program after WP7 boot (“200 Mb problem”).