Haha… I received lot of question on how to remove Windows Phone 7 from HTC HD2 and go back to Windows Mobile 6.5. Android on HTC HD2 had been out for months and I did not receive any help request to remove it. But Windows Phone 7 on HTC HD2 is not even 1 week old, people seem don’t like it and want to get rid of it as soon as possible.
Okay, here is the step by step guide to remove Windows Phone 7 from HTC HD2. Oh, you might want to revive your SD card first…
To go back to stock Windows Mobile 6.5 ~ video guide
- Download official HTC HD2 v3.14 ROM or latest.
- Right click and open official HTC HD2 ROM with 7-Zip.
- Copy ‘RUU_signed.nbh’ to desktop.
- Rename it to ‘leoimg.nbh’.
- Copy leoimg.nbh to SD card root with card reader.
- Power off your phone.
- Put SD card in your phone.
- Press volume down button (don’t let go) and power on your phone.
- It will load into bootloader with ‘Red, Green, Blue and White’ screen with SPL-2.08.HSPL.
- Let go volume down button when you see ‘loading…’.
- Then ROM upgrade screen will be loaded.
- Press power button to start update the ROM.
- ROM update process will take around 15 minutes.
- Take off the battery after update success.
- Power on your phone.
- First time use preparation process will take around 4 minutes.
- Then follow phone onscreen instructions to setup.
- That’s all.
To go back to NAND Android ~ video guide
- Download DFT_LEO_NAND_Android.rar.
- Power on your phone (Hold it until DFT MAGLDR Bootloader is loaded).
- Use volume down button to go down to 5. USB Flasher.
- Then press call button to load USB Flasher mode.
- Connect USB cable from PC to phone.
- Open DFT_LEO_NAND_Android.rar with 7-Zip.
- Copy DFT_Android folder to desktop.
- Enter DFT_Android folder.
- Execute DAF.
- Follow onscreen instructions to install.
- Click ‘Yes’ if User Access Control prompt up.
- Phone will be rebooted after installation finished.
- Follow onscreen instructions to setup Android settings.
- That’s all.
Congratulation, you have successfully remove the ‘not so user friendly’ Windows Phone 7.